Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Target Demographic

I was recently told about an 80 year old Latvian woman who has been attending Connections.
Somehow I still haven't met her.
She started coming to Connections because she lives by the mall and can walk to worship.
Apparently she loves it. She joined a Connection Group and told them how good it is to find a group of people who love to worship God.

That's our new target audience-
Eastern European Octogenarians.

Actually, it's not.
But people have asked me many times who our "target" is.
I don't see people as targets, but I get what they are asking.
But I still try not to answer their question.
I simply say our target is every person who is far from God.

Are their certain people or types who are going to resonate with the vibe of our church?
Obviously.
But that's not what we focus on.

We seek to faithfully serve by the methods and means that God provides.
Then we'll go out and love our neighbors.
And then we trust that He'll bring the right people to us.
Including 80 year old Latvian women.
That's the stuff you can't make happen- it's just a God thing.

No comments: