Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Going Parking



We had a great Prayer Gathering Monday night. I say that as a shout out, and as a call out.

Everyone needs to work on growing a prayer life. I receive great encouragement to keep praying through participation with our prayer gathering. It's stretches me, grows me, inspires me, refreshes me. It's awesome.

Of the many things we covered in prayer, we prayed about the vision of parking lot as full for God as it is for the movies. It's a beautiful vision and prayer- to see lives changed by God, engaged with Connections, making worship a priority.

One man said I'm gonna start parking at the far end of the lot in anticipation of it being full. So starting this Sunday you'll see my ride (the uber cool Ford Bull, aka, Taurus) parked at the far end. I'll be walking across that lot praying it will be filled.

I hope you'll park with me.

_____

Second through for the day...

I've been reflecting on our progress in some areas at Connections.

One of our core values is authenticity, creativity and excellence…which does NOT mean perfection…but it does mean giving something your best effort.

I have an incredible amount of confidence that the people I serve with are going to do all that they can to make sure that whatever they are working on is the best it can be!

We are called to do whatever we do with the absolute best effort we can put forth. I do not expect perfection from our volunteers because I am not perfect…but I do want everyone's best effort because I believe God works through people who are willing to go all out for Him…and then believe He is going to go all out as well.

No comments: