Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday's Highlights

I woke up this morning with a massive headache. Drank a cup of coffee, felt sick, went back to bed, missed a meeting, got back out of bed at 10am and I still feel pretty lousy.

But other than that I am pumped!

It's like we are still feeling the ripples of the baptism service (do you like that water imagery!). I said we were making no promises on how we'd do baptism in the future, but this I know- we'll have more baptisms! I'm already praying about how we'll celebrate our 100th baptism, and I pray it's not too far down the road. People need Jesus, they need to be washed clean, they need a fresh start.

Yesterday the band covered "Fix You" by Coldplay to lead into the message. We knew this song had a lot of resonance with the culture, but I was blown away. Even as a performance piece (it's just not fair to ask people to sing along in falseto!) there were so many people singing along- even without any lyrics on screen.
When I heard that, I KNEW that people needed to hear the bible promise of Regeneration. People are crying out to be fixed!

I love the ...(FIED) T-shirts. They are so cool. And they only get better as the series progresses. Just wait until you see GLORI(FIED).

I love our Connection Group. These folks bless me with their lives.

Steelers RULE! I was so stressed out watching this game. They always throw it away to the Jaguars. Not last night! Even with the toughest schedule in the NFL in a quarter century we are leading the division, 4-1!

Finally, I was given permission to pass this along, so I am...

George,
I just felt like sending a note of encouragement your way.
Even though I've only been able to attend Sunday morning's hit and miss....It's really exciting to see the way God is working in this church, especially after the baptism service.
I've just been sorting out some cobwebs in my own life and God has definitely been speaking to me through different aspects of Sunday mornings at ccc.
I realize that there are a lot of people involved in this and you aren't the only person God is using at connections but i felt you should hear this.....feel free to let others know......

1 comment:

Christopher Adam Kaastra said...

Who likes the Steelers?

Booooooooooooooo!

(although it was a GREAT game)