Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bring at Fork!



I double booked myself for Monday night.

I was all flustered about what to do. My friend Mike asked if was going to be at the Prayer meeting we host the third Monday of every month.
I was stuck between to very worthy things to do. Then a moment later my other friend Hilk set me straight.
He asked me if I was going to be at the prayer meeting.
I said I double booked myself and had to make a decision.
He said,
"Well George, I hope you can be at the Prayer Gathering, it's going to be a very important meeting."

He didn't have to guilt me or coerce me.
He just simply and factually reminded me- it's going to be a very important meeting.

Setting aside time for prayer is always a very important meeting.
And I want to be present when something very important is happening.

I was so inspired I've invited everyone I was double-booked with to join us for prayer.
And I'm even going to up the ante-

Consider joining me for a day of fasting in preparation for the prayer meeting.
Let us come to God hungry for His Word.
Hungry for His Spirit to fill us.
Hungry for the banquet that only our God can provide.
Hungry and ready to be satisfied in Him alone.

7:30pm, 1326 Hastings Drive.
Bring a fork!

No comments: