Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Musings

It's been a week since I blogged, and that was just posting my sermon.
So what have I been doing besides my usually ADD blogging?

First, check out Robin's blog to see the family updates. She's amazing, http://robinsaylor.blogspot.com/

So what's been happening...
  • We took last week to celebrate twice, both Canada's and US independence. Hey, it's our duty as dual citizens!
  • We had a Connections Group Party last Sunday (June 29th) and just enjoyed friendship!
  • We celebrated Monday and Tuesday by hiking, biking, canoeing, then going to the Sawkins for a party. $1000 worth of fireworks right on the farm! I love Canadian rednecks- they make me feel at home!
  • Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I tried to sneak away for some solitude with the bible and my calendar, but people kept getting in the way.
  • I love people getting in the way! Had some great connections last week.
  • We gave out over 600 balloons and invitations in downtown London. Kids love balloons. They are like kid magnets- the things give themselves away. Our teams has some awesome interactions, and we pray we've planted a seed in their lives.
  • Our Slow-pitch softball teams ROCKS! and I hit a homer! I sang the American Anthem as I ran the bases, then cheered for Uncle Sam. We hung out at Kelsy's afterwards. I love our team!
  • We saw number go up again this Sunday, even though everyone says July and August are the worst attendance months in Canada! Not sure why, but June was our plateau month, now we need to push past 150 again.
  • We are still praying to smash the 200 wall so we can quickly become a worshiping church of multiple communities.
  • Sarah DeVries is our Families Ministries Director. Now that she has had month under her belt, and things are going well, I'll blog about her, and this ministry, soon.
  • So much more to say, but hey, we all have a life.

And now I'm off to have a day of solitude to plan for our Creative Arts Team Meeting tonight!
(Solitude means I have only two other meetings planned!). I am so psyched for this- we'll be planning for the entire fall!


Now breakfast, devos with the kids, and off to my day!

No comments: