Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Remember the 8th


I'm talking about the 8th commandment, "Do not steal."
Yesterday my bike was stolen (this is one of my few pictures to remember her)
RIP: 2002-2008
I can't believe she's gone.
She was beautiful, and served me well for 6 years.
The years flew by.
She was in great condition.
Sure her rims were a bit out of true, she had a couple of scratches, but she was still in excellent shape.
Someone else obviously liked her looks as well.
Cut my lock in broad daylight.
I was surprisingly not mad, considering my insurance deductible is $1000 so it's not worthy submitting as a claim. But I was still pretty upset.
I walked around the area for about 15 minutes to see if the thief dumped her.
I prayed prayers I don't think I've ever prayed before.

First, I honestly prayed to love my enemy.
If I meet this person I will tell them about Jesus.

And then I prayed, in love, that God would smite this person something fierce.
Really.
I pray they will wreak on my bike and get hurt pretty bad.
I pray they will get boils and go bald.
I pray they will be plagued with digestive problems.

And I pray they will repent of this sin, turn their life around, and come to Jesus.
If they do that, I don't even care if I get my bike back.

So if you see an incontinent, bald, boiled and bandaged person riding a silver and black Diamond Back, fully-suspended mountain bike...

Don't bother telling them to give the bike back, tell them to give their life to Jesus.
He'll work the rest out I'm sure!

No comments: