Friday, November 21, 2008

Sorry: The Game of Sweet Revenge


I think I need to say "I'm sorry" in advance of this coming Sunday.
We're in our "Game of Life" series.
Two weeks ago we talked about playing around with sex, and that applies to just about everyone.
Last week week looked at money, and again, everyone has to deal with and manage money.

But this week we are looking at "Sorry: The Game of Sweet Revenge."
So I have to apologize that this won't apply to many people.
Because very few people have ever felt hurt by someone.
Very few have ever had something unfair said about them or done to them.
And certainly, very few of us have ever entertained thoughts of anger, bitterness, and the desire for revenge.

But for the few of us who have ever looked inside ourselves and realized we've wrestled with these thoughts; for those of us who can confess that we've actually fantasized about getting some sweet payback or seeing someone "get what's coming to them," maybe this message will mean something to you.

(And if it isn't totally obvious yet- I think this message may be the most important message I've ever given at Connections. You don't want to miss this!)

No comments: