Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Catalyst

I'm getting ready to head to Indiana for a conference at Granger Church with my friend Mike. It's gonna be great. I'm hoping to hunt down the speakers tonight- Andy Stanley and Craig Groschel. I'm praying that they are staying at the Super 8. We could meet in the hot tub!

Of the many conferences out there here's why this one interests me: technology. More than any other churches these guys are leading the way. Communicating the gospel in the current languages of technology. They have something to teach me.
They are also many steps ahead of Connections. I want to hear how they got from the vision, to the first steps, to the amazing movements they've become.
  • What did they do right?
  • Where were their mistakes?
  • How did they transition to staff?
  • How did they transition to multi-services, multi-site?
  • How do they get so many volunteers engaged?
  • How do they get so many enrolled in home groups?
  • How did the grow their media and worship elements?

OK, I'll just stop there. I'll never get all my questions answered, but I'll try to get at least three ideas to implement.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments: