Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thankgiving!



My circadian rhythms are crying out for turkey and pumpkin pie. You can put the American in Canada, but you can't take Thanksgiving out of the American!

For all of my life Thanksgiving morning meant the Turkey Bowl, and annual fundraiser where I grew up. Sometimes it included the Turkey Trot- a 10k run that was also a fundraiser. It always meant lots of pie thanks to my Grandma Babe.

One year Robin counted the pies and realized we actually had a pie-per-person for Thanksgiving Day. Now that's what I'm talking about! Pumpkin, apple, peach, blueberry, pecan- you name it, she made it.

While it may not be thanksgiving for many others around me- I am still thankful:
  • Thankful for the freedom to be in Canada planting a church. This is the greatest adventure ever!
  • Thankful for the amazing things happening in lives through Connections.
  • Thankful for my extended family who are so willingly going to feast with us tonight ( I know- it's a big sacrifice to come over for turkey, sweet potatoes and pie).
  • Thankful for all the many friends we have made the past two years.
  • Thankful that they all put up with, or just laugh at, all my "American-isms."
  • Thankful for Dana who gave Robin and I tickets to the Grand Theatre tonight- what an awesome way to celebrate!
  • Thankful that I will NOT be shopping tomorrow in the states. So very, very thankful.
  • Thankful for my three kids- the greatest kids in the history of kids! Eden, Karis, Justin- You ROCK!
  • Thankful for my amazing, drop-dead-gorgeous, frighteningly intelligent, remarkably creative, culinary extrodinare, and most Godly woman in the world wife- Robin. You are my Shibboleth.

But most of all, I am every thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for loving me, for saving me, for using a man like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry for today George! Happy Thanksgiving! :D

~Christy~