Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Review

OK, my Monday highlights has now become my Wednesday review. So here I go, processing online all my thoughts...

  • On Sunday we had over 50 people sign up for Connection Groups right out of the gate. We've had more than 14 registrations since Sunday. Now we are somewhere close to 70 registrations! I'm just praising God.
  • We are going to break 100 in registrations. I'm praying for it, I'm recruitign for it. I can feel it coming. We are going to have at least half of our worship attendees engaging in Groups, and it is going to change their lives.
  • Then we had 58 people attend our Volunteer Round-Up. 58! The energy in that place was overwhelming. I can't write enough good stuff about our people. It really felt like we took it to the next level. This group of people, and others who couldn't be there, are going to invest and put themselves into serving God through Connections and make things happen.
  • I have to celebrate my Team Leaders- you were awesome:
  1. Mike Fluit and Nate Birtch- Music
  2. Graham Cartwright- Media
  3. Sarah DeVries- Family
  4. John VanderSteen and Becca Ingram- FaST
  5. Jen Jolliffe- FIT
  6. Hilk Bakker- Prayer
  7. And of course, thanks Robin for doing so much with Planning Center Online.
  • And folks, youreally have no idea how much Robin does to make Connections happen. If she wasn`t my wife, I`d ask her to marry me!
  • Looks like we might be having some Junior and Senior High ministry going on. I`ll keep you posted.
  • I've been speaking this week at the London District Christian Secondary School. They invited me to lead their theme exploration week. The theme being, "I AM." I have to say I love speaking with high school kids. They are a tough group, so you have to be on your game. But whenyou winthem over, man, you win them over. They are into it. After three days I'm just feeding off of their energy. So props to my peeps at LCDSS, you guys have been awesome, I can't wait for tomorrow- I'm gonna blow your minds! Actually, God is- He is so good.
  • I'm writing from my Chiropractors computer right now. It's OK, we're friends. But it's kinda fun working in his office. Gotta love life online.

No comments: