Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday Highlights

My first Monday highlight- it's Tuesday!
Yep, took the day off. Hit golf balls with my father, then went to Ipperwash beach with the family. Ate KFC for dinner. Good times.
  • Sunday was another amazing service.
  • We had the skeleton crew for the holiday weekend, by the team pulled it off with flare! I learned a valuable lesson- three people in the band means about 4 fewer people helping to set up, which makes things significantly more stressful. But kudos to teh folks who showed up, set up, and pullit it off! You rock.
  • We have a few people who make all the difference each week. If you don't know who you are, some of you are Mike, Jean, Carl, John, Irene, Jeff, Sonya, Mark, Nate, Paula, Graham... I'll stop there. All those folks were gone, and it really shows in setting up.
  • The line between good stress, which is fun, and overwhelming stress, which is debilitating, is a fine one, and different for different people. Most Sundays I'm in teh zone with "fun stress." Yesterday I was close to freaking out!
  • I'm psyched for September! Not because I love the fall, but because I love people. The students are rolling into town, and back into Connections.
  • I'm so eager for some upcoming events:
  1. Connection Group Kick-Off. We are unleashing a whole new way to do small group community! Training will happen September 27.
  2. Volunteer Round-Up: Training, appreciation and encouragment, September 14.
Finally, I get to report this two weeks in a row now, and I hope I get to report this every week as long as Connections exists- we had another person commit their life to Jesus this past Sunday. This is what thrills me, fulfills our mission, makes angels sings, and brings joy to God our Father!

No comments: