Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Highlights

~ It was so awesome to see the theatre full! I'm praying hard we have to move to two services or two theatres this fall. I'm praying we know clearly which option will best serve our mission.

~ I can't believe we ran out of $5 gift cards for Starbucks.
Oh yeah, did I mention- we gave out gift cards! But we had so many more people yesterday we ran out. I feel horrible! Sorry to everyone who didn't get a card. You aren your relationships are worth $5 and next time, if there every is a next time, we'll be better prepared.

~ Every week we've been having people commit or re-commit their lives to Jesus. This will NEVER stop being exciting to me. There is nothing more awesome than this. This is why we're planting Connections. Angels sing, God is glorified, and we rejoice!

~ I'm more convinced than ever that the church must be clear on what we're doing. Presume nothing. Each week we tell people who we are, what we're about, why we exist. Each week we work to present Jesus clearly, compellingly, compassionately. Then people WILL respond. They will respond because we're being obedient to Jesus' command.

Oh, I like that...
"Presenting Jesus Clearly, Compellingly, Compassionately."
~ Did you see the uber-cool "Wiii Church" set on Sunday? Yes, those are all pictures of the past year of our church. Thanks to Robin and Kathryn.

~ Yesterday marked on year from our first public preview service. We've come a long way, but have so much farther to go. I still feel like we are taking baby steps. I want to run ahead, make things happen. But all in His time and due time.

~ I feel momentum. I even did in August when attendance was down. There was still a feeling of growing excitement, enthusiasm for God and for Connections, anticipation of big things on the horizon.

~ Our lights still haven't arrived- I'm going crazy! They need to pass some inspection before they are shipped to us. Something about "safety" and "dangerous materials." Whatever, just show me the light!

~ Connections Groups are nearly all in place now. Just a few lose ends to tie up. Print the catalog, then start the Round-Up! ALPHA is already filling up. This is gonna be aweseome!

Our Volunteer Round-Up is going to ROCK! I now this because our volunteers ROCK! Join us Sunday September 14, 6-8pm at the Navigators, 11 St. Johns Dr in Arva.

I'm already excited about our Baptism service on the 21st. I'm so mad we can't hold it in the fountain at the mall.

Our band is playing for Through The Roof at UWO on the 21st. They're gonna rock that campus' socks off.

I'm pumped about Communion on the 28th. It's gonna be the best!

I have so many awesome things I have to get ready for- next week leading chapel at a local Christian High School all week long. Another youth event on the 28th. Some othe community events in October. It all about sharing Jesus and getting the word about Connections out there!

No comments: