Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

ME!
Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday dear meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Happy birthday to me!

Yeah, I still like my birthday.
I can't say it's my favorite "holiday."
It's not really a "holy" day. (At least not in the formal sense.)
But I still like the attention.

So I took my family out for Daddy's big birthday celebration...
$5 pizzas and bread sticks from Little Caesars (the kids idea);
5-pin bowling (the kids idea, too);
Ice cream at the Dairy Queen (you guessed it, the kids idea yet again)!

But it was a great night.
Kids have a knack for enjoying others celebrations.
(Much like my joy in watching our band yesterday! See my earlier post.)
Plus I really enjoyed watching my 4 year old beat my wife in bowling.
Really.
She didn't let him win- he legitimately beat her, and beat both of his older sister too!
That's my boy!

And that was my birthday celebration. Today.
But tomorrow is my REAL birthday- I can hardly wait!

No comments: