Monday, September 22, 2008

The Proud Papa


It makes no sense, but last night I felt like a proud Papa, even though I didn't really do anything.
Mike Fluit and some members of our music team (Ben, Dave, John, Steve, and Ben on sound) played for an event called "Through The Roof" at the UWO campus center. It's a great event held 3 times each semester and draws more than 300 students.
They worked so hard.
They rehearsed for hours.
They spent the whole day setting up and getting ready.
And they rocked.
But not only did they rock, they worshiped.
And lead in worship in a way I can't even explain.
And I sat back and did nothing.
And I don't know when I've felt more proud of a group of guys.

And it dawned on my that this is being "Wiii Church."
I shared in the joy, I mean the joy, of what they were doing for Jesus.

And that's the only way I know to explain it.
I took joy in what they were doing.
I felt like I was a part of it.
I felt like I had done something.
But all I really did was worship and experience the blessing of what God was doing through them.
And it was awesome.

And I can't wait to worship with these guys again next Sunday.
They amaze me.

Thanks guys,
Jesus Rocks, and so do you!

No comments: