Monday, July 16, 2007

What a day!



A few weeks ago the folks at Good News church in London asked me if I was available to preach. I was. But I decided to go bold. I asked if it would be OK if I brought a worship team to lead the service. They were game.
Prefect- now I had to organize a worship team!
Well, it really wasn't that far of a stretch- we had two awesome singer/guitarists in Mike Fluit and Nathan Birtch. If all else failed I knew even one of them could pull it off.
Fast forward to yesterday- words cannot express how awesome God is and how awesome our band is! After only two practices, only one with our drummer, these guys were tight, and it was all for God's glory!
Props to my peeps- Mike and Nate for leading this ministry, and for Sonya, Jeff, Steven, Melissa, Ben and Mike for pulling it together.
And it looks like we may have even found our sound guru.

But that was just the morning...


That evening our launch team gathered to go over our plans. More than 40 of us meet to eat, worship and get to work. I'm so amazed when I think about how far we've come. We have a ton to do, but it's getting done. 30+ volunteers are needed for each service starting in the fall. We're not quite half way there- but we will be.
God will build His church.
And we'll play our part.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

That's wonderful, G$. Still prayin' in DC (and, apparently, we're getting some answers).