Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Logo

I've loved reading the comments regarding the logo, both here and on our facebook page.
Here are my thoughts on what it speaks to me and why I'm leaning toward this:
(We're still playing with the fonts, so don't get too attached to the cursive writing yet- it may change.)
  • We stand together- "I've got your back"- We are in fellowship with each other.
  • Together we reach out to the world- in all directions.
  • The three "C" shapes reflect our name, "Connections Community Church."
  • The the "C" shapes also reflect our mission: Connecting with God...with People...with the World.
  • The overall shape reflects our Triune God- Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
  • The white space between makes a very simple cross shape.
  • The trinitarian shape also connects us to our area- Ontario- which has the Trillium as its official symbol.
  • The Trillium shapes is also distinctive of Celtic Christianity, which I won't go into detail on here, but which definitely reflects our mission and methodology.
  • The color taps into the most essential of the liturgical colors- green, conveying grow in Christ.
  • The color also reflects our commitment to stewardship.
  • The overall look of the design has reminded people of a flower blooming, which I like.
  • Overall the logo is simple- a value for the church and how we do things.
  • The logo translates well to print and photocopying, a bonus.
  • The font is still in discussion: part of me likes the interconnection of the cursive writing, part of me loves the crisp lines of the print.
  • Finally- I just think it looks really cool!
And in case you're wondering- it would only cost about $100 to have this as a tattoo! Yes, I actually checked at the parlor down the street.

No comments: