Friday, July 20, 2007

God-incidences

It’s almost daily now that the coincidences that God sets up simply amaze me. Here are some things for which God gets the glory:

I drive to Burlington to visit a church, and end up meeting our Home Groups directors, Mark and Julie, who end up moving to London!
Robin and I join a dinner group and make friends with Adam. Later we find out that Adam sets up sound systems for a living. We just happen to need one.
I joke about needing land on the north side. The next week Kevin and Marj are at our home group, telling us how they have a connection with a man who has property on the north side and wants to see it used for God’s glory (who knows where this might lead!)
I kept struggling to find a web designer until about a month ago- turns out I’ve been walking by his house almost everyday for the past year!
I spend an afternoon in an audio shop, creating our wish list. The next morning the first phone call I receive is from a church selling some their portable sound equipment.
I commit our worship team to lead a service on July 15. On July 12 our band has their first practice- and they rock!
Robin bumps into a woman at a playground and they start talking about church. They realize we have a mutual friend in Kitchener. We’re simply left shaking our heads in awe.
Robin stops by the Northwest resource center to see how we might get involved with some service as a church- next thing she’s on the steering committee planning the Northwest Funday, booking our band and promoting our church.
So after all of this, and so much more, I have to ask myself- small world or big God?
I’m going to have to go with big God- big awesome God who keeps putting just the right people and opportunities in our path at just the right time.
Perhaps Jesus meant what he said-
ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

No comments: