Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wii are family!



Sorry, I couldn't resist making that the title. I have to give a big thanks to my gram, and to my friend James.
Gram gave us money to get something special for the kids.
James called on Saturday morning to tell me the store where he works had one Wii come in.

By lunch the kids were hooked and the rest is history.

So when did my family go from a bunch of little kids learning to walk and read, to 1 girl that has her own blog and website, 2 girls hooked on email and chat rooms, and all 3 kids better at Wii and DS than their dad?

Time marches on, and they are changing very fast. I would not have guessed that we'd be here this fast. But I guess that because I hadn't really thought about it.

But I'm very confident that Robin and I, and the kids, can navigate this pretty well. We'll have to monitor time and create the boundaries and blocks, but I'm encouraged by their ability to discern already. Well, not Justin so much- he still operates on primal instincts.

I'm not concerned because as fun as these things are, and as much time as they can consume without proper monitoring, by kids are still kids at heart. And I hope they are for a long time.

I know this doesn't have much to do with church. I'm just feeling rather fatherly tonight.

No comments: