Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Importance of Prayer

OK, this one is a bit personal, again. (So much for my blog being a more academic exploration of church planting.)

Yesterday our niece, Yana, had her third open heart surgery. She's only 2 1/2. The surgery went well. I opened my email this morning eagerly waiting another good report (the first 24 hours post surgery are very critical).

While we are still waiting the report on Yana, I found out this morning that my Grandmother has been admitted to the hospital. She's in pretty critial condition.

I'm finding it a bit hard to focus on anything but prayer right now. It feels like half my heart is in Edmonton, and the other half in Florida, and I'm stuck here in between.

I have no profound insight right now. I have some hope. I have a lot concern. I don't really know what to ask for beyond the most basic prayer- Father, bring them both through this.

For now that will be enough. And if you believe in prayer, ask God to put His hand on a two beautiful girls; one at the start of life, the other who has lived a wonderful and full life. Both of whom mean a lot to me.

No comments: