Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sometimes my wife's blog is just too good not to pass along. Like today...

Go, Go Google Gadgets

Once again it's confession time, time to let the real me show.
Here it is ... I confess that I am a GEEK. I love my computer. I get excited when Picasa/Google introduces cool new updates. I'm a freak for anything that claims to help organize my day (Google calendar being my favorite!). And more recently, I go goo-goo for iGoogle gadgets.

My latest iGoogle gadget find is "verse-a-week memorization". It picks a verse for the week. On Monday you get to see all the words. On Tuesday they cover up a few. On Wednesday they block out a few more. And, well you get the picture. By Sunday the whole verse is hidden and you should know the verse by heart. Clever. Effective. It worked for me.

With Yana's surgery, Gram in the hospital and me sick with a cold I have had a less than pleasant week that just ended with Justin throwing up on me during church (yeah, it was as disgusting as it sounds). Here's where the truth of God's word meets with reality of my life through the technology of Google gadgets. The verse-a-week for this past week was Philippians 4:6,7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


God knew just how to speak to my heart. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Everyday as I opened my computer I was greeted with this word of assurance "don't be anxious" "the peace of God will gaurd your heart". Thank you.

You can see the original post at http://robinsaylor.blogspot.com/2009/01/go-go-google-gadgets.html

No comments: