Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm home schooled...in Canada...where the moose are!


Confession time-
I love High School Musical and Hannah Montana.
I was watching Hannah with Eden Tuesday night when, for reasons I won't rehash, Hannah's best friend disguised her identity by saying,
"We've never met. I'm home schooled...in Canada...where the moose are."
We cracked up. "That's me!" Eden said with a smile.

Which made me a little sad, because it's true. If you want to hide you're identity from America, go to Canada. We're off the radar up here.

But it gave me new resolve- I pray God does such amazing things through Connections that all of Canada, and America, and the world can't help but notice.

But I also got to thinking about why I like this silly kids show.
One word- Timeless. The genius is that it does nothing new- they simply rehash the classic comedy formulas with new faces and contemporary references. It's actually brilliant.

That's all we do at Connections Community Church. Take a look at the church when it was born, through 2000 years of changing lives, and at our church today.
Same Jesus.
Same Bible.
Same truths.

But...
New faces.
New tunes.
New venue.
New references.
New applications.
New lives being changed.

What we are doing is as ancient as time, but as fresh as tomorrow.
Up here...in Canada...where the moose are...and where we still home school our kids... even though it makes us look like a bunch of weirdos.

No comments: