Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Superwoman


I have a secret.
I'm married to Superwoman.
I even know her true identity...

Robin Saylor.
Today is her birthday.
And I'm the most blessed man in the world to call her my wife.

Somehow she manages to:
  • Love me, which is a full time job in itself. Jesus said my yoke is easy and my burden is light, but being married to me has to be the biggest burden ever on a woman!
  • Home school our three most awesome kids. But this is the easy job, they are perfect little angels.
  • Keep our home in shape, and even paint whole rooms while I'm gone.
  • Be creative. All those cool graphics we use for our church- she makes them.
  • Be available. She always finds time to be there for folks.
  • Just do it. All those little things that just seem to get done at church- she does them.
On Sunday we had a Connecting Point lunch and an insane amount of people showed up. I had folks introduce themselves and share how they came to Connections. More than anything else the number one reason folks in that group ended up at Connections was because Robin invited them. Really.

I don't know where she finds the time to meet and invite these people.

Then yesterday I was meeting a friend for lunch yesterday and bumped into a neighbor. She said (not me), "George's wife is like Superwoman- she home schools three kids and still bakes homemade bread!" I was not going to disagree. She is like superwoman.

Maybe I'll even buy her the cute outfit with red leather boots!

Happy Birthday my Love!

No comments: