Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Anointed One

Series: Vantage Point
Sermon: The Anointed One
George J. Saylor
March 23, 2008

I think there is an unwritten rule in advertising that states that all perfume ads have to be totally bizarre. Maybe some have you have noticed this too. Doesn’t it seem that perfume ads are without exception…strange. I think it all started with the Calvin Klein ads from a few years back, but from there is has only gotten worse. Now I can hardly think of an actress or singer that doesn’t have her own perfume- Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, pretty soon Hillary Clinton is gonna have her own perfume. It’s even seeped into men’s ads- have you seen some of these ads for AX cologne? Talk about feeding men’s’ fantasies- put on some cologne and women will throw themselves at you- what a lie- I know, I’ve tried, it doesn’t happen. I finally realized the genius of these ads- the weirder they are, the better I remember them.

Well if the goal and standard of perfume advertising is making it memorable, one perfume ad stands out above all the rest. It is so memorable it has endured to some 2000 years, capturing the attention of men, women, and children. More than just capturing attention, it has even capture the affections, the hearts and minds and devotion of millions.

Read the whole sermon at cccsermons.blogspot.com

No comments: