Monday, March 24, 2008

First Easter Recap

I try to be honest on this blog with victories and defeats, celebrations and disappointments.

And I have to say I'm NOT disappointed with our first Easter service.
  • I thought the energy and excite was the best yet!
  • I was so proud of our team when we blew a breaker in the theatre and they literally FLEW into action. In less than 5 minutes they had everything back running- awesome!
  • Mike's rendition of "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters was jaw-dropping. I was ready to say "amen" and wrap it up.
  • I had to start kicking people out of the theatre at 11:45am.
  • The response to the welcome packets was amazing. So the bags are a little girly- real men embrace the tote! Or maybe they give it to their wife/girlfriend/mom.
  • The feedback we received is enough to make you shout for joy!

My only disappointment:
I really wish more than 200 could have been there to experience God's presence and the fellowship of so many wonderful folks. I can honestly say I don't want to grow for the sake of numbers. I want us to grow because I believe in this mission more than ever! Folks need to experience what's happening at Connections.

The people of our church simply amaze me!
If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 1 Corinthians 15:13-14
Our faith is FAR from useless, and so was our service yesterday.

No comments: