Monday, June 11, 2007

"Sicko"



So I meet Michael Moore this past Friday.
I don't think he'd remember me, the guy in the shirt with the camera in the press area- one of many.
But still, I got an invitation to see the premier of "Sicko" in London.
It was a very exciting time for our little city.
Hundreds of folks gathered with all the buzz.
It got me thinking about our premier three months from now.
When you have a radical message, it can draw a crowd. When you believe in something passionately, people will listen to you. When you present something well, or controversial, people will talk.
But you'll never get everyone to agree with you, and you certainly won't get them all to like you.
But it doesn't really matter when you believe it with your entire being.
When you're willing to put yourself on the line.
When you're willing to be the lightening rod if that's what it takes.
All of London was talking about Michael Moore and his movie this weekend.
In three months I hope we give them something even better to talk about! Wouldn't that be awesome.

Oh yeah, and I bumped into the mayor again.

No comments: