Monday, December 29, 2008

Intervention

Everyone who reads my blog has probably suspected that underneath my "tough-guy" facade is an emotional sap. Actually, my facade probably hasn't convinced anyone.

Anyways, my wife pointed me to this blog entry from a favorite of hers.
I read it.
I cried a little bit.
I was even drinking a cup of green tea while I read it, which just added to the fact that I'm a big wuss (Really, what kind of guy drinks green tea? You better be a Samurai if you're a man drinking green tea.).

My point, I think, is that we are all emotional creatures. For some reason I think guys find it easier to express emotion while reading a book or watching a movie. To be honest, I get weepy watching movies all the time. I even got a little teary at the end of "Iron-Man," no joke.

At the end of a year I find myself reflecting on the past. Some memories make me laugh, others excited, but a lot of them make me "emotional." Those memories, hard or painful ones, seem to surface quickly, powerfully.

I bring this up because this week I'm preparing for our upcoming series, "Soul REvolution." Some of my most important preparation isn't coming from books or study, but from prayer, fasting and reflection. If I'm going to preach/teach on the soul, I better look deeply into mine. It's an emotional journey.

What are you doing to prepare your soul for 2009?
And if you want to read a great story, do check this out...
http://thepioneerwoman.com/2008/12/intervention.html

No comments: