Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm Lost Without You



Last night I awoke from my self-induce hibernation.
It seems as though I've been sleep walking through the past 9 months.
But now I have reason to rise-
Lost is back on.

Yeah, the television show. Honestly, it is far and away the best drama on TV I've ever watched. It surpasses any movie I've seen in recent history. The writing is remarkable- the character development, the attention to detail, the interwoven story lines. I love the tension between science and faith, fate and free will. It's amazing.

The point is, I want Connections to offer the community worship services with the care, craft and passion that characterizes Lost. Honestly, if folks can create that caliber of art for network television, for profit- then how much better can and should we do for God?

I hope my writing, our development, our crafting services goes to a level no one has ever seen before. I pray that we weave together music, drama, video, teaching and more with such art that the world can't help but notice. I hope it's so amazing that we are left with no option but to give God the glory.

The greatest thing about last night- I was left so satisfied, like eating a gourmet meal. And at the same time, I wanted more immediately after it ended. I hope people have that same experience at Connections- deeply satisfied with God, and longing for more of Him.

No comments: