Thursday, September 6, 2007

This Sunday!

Let me get folks up to speed...
The trip up to Cypress Lake wasn't a half bad idea. In fact, I came back and was amazed at how much was done. Our storage boxes were built. Supplies for the Family Ministry, First Impressions Team, Worship and Media Teams were on site and getting organized. Plans were made for our volunteer training, and even more volunteers had started to show up! We had almost 40 folks out to our training on Tuesday.
Which of course brought on the amazing revelation that this is no longer just my dream, not that it ever was. But still, to see how people are mobilized and motivated to see make this happen. The work being done is just remarkable. Tonight, watching the band play for the first time with our own sound equipment, I was humbled and thrilled to see how helpless I would be to do this by myself. From my perspective it was like things were just magically happening- the equipment was set up, the band started playing, the sound team was adjusting levels, the media team had our worship set projected on screen, live video of the band was being fed in- it was amazing. Not to mention the work of the guys preparing at the equipment needed to store and transport the gear.
(Subsequently, the only thing that amazes me more than how much work it takes to do portable church, is that there are people amazing gifted and happy to do it.)

Tomorrow morning we have our first "dress rehearsal" at the theatre. The signage will all be delivered. We'll finalize our bulletin and promotional materials. And I'll finally sit down to pray and write a sermon.

I've had a million ideas and thoughts running through my head. I'm still amazed we're actually beginning our public services. Amazed, excited, and a little frightened.

Tonight one of our team members said, "Being in the will of God is sometimes the scariest place to be." That was just the encouragement I needed.

Oh yeah, and Robin been just as busy as me, but watching three kids in the midst of it all- she's the best and our kids are awesome.

3 comments:

robert austell said...

Is that the actual meeting space? It looks awesome!! I will be praying for you as you beginning worshiping together!

Sammy said...

You got a handful of Episcopalians praying for you in DC. For all the good that's likely to do.

Donna said...

We wish we could be there tomorrow sitting in the theater seats!

We will be praying for you and the worship team!