Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sneak Preview #1

This is what I thought the service would like like...


But this is how it turned out...


What can we say except "To God be the glory!"
Thursday morning we had no equipment.
Thursday night we had our first practice with our sound and lighting.
Friday morning we had 2 hours in the theatre to figure things out.
Sunday morning at 8am we started to set up.
By 10a.m. we had (rough count) 194 people!

I said it at the service and I'll write it here- where did these people come from?!
All I can say is thanks to God and thanks to everyone who worked so hard to pull off our first Preview service. Whatever happened between Friday morning and this morning was definitely a God thing!
It was one of those experiences where I can genuinely say it was so much more than I expected. I thought it would be good, but it was great! The set up went smoothly, the Cafe was great, the check-in of kids all came together, the band sounded awesome and a few people said the preacher wasn't half bad. Even the manager at Silver City said he had never seen anything like what we did this morning!
Now we take joy in a job well done, and start the work of faithfully following up. There's so much we can do now in service and in Connections Groups. And between now and September 30th we can do a lot to make the Sunday service even better. We received some great feedback, and some very constructive insights.
But all things considered, the most awesome thing was simply that people invited their friends and family, and they came. It really can be that simple.

7 comments:

Ken DV said...

Congratulations George, Robin, and the Connections Team!
1) You got to your first service!
2) You had how many in attendance? Wow!
3) You still have work to do now--you haven't worked yourself out of your job yet.
Ken DeVries,
The Shepherd's Guide

jules said...

wohoo! Praise God

robert austell said...

Praise God! That's is awesome! He is awesome!

Anonymous said...

See what can happen when the workers aren't too few and well prepared! God blessed us completely! Although... if this keeps up, we will need more workers! and space!!! WOOHOO!

James Elston said...

hey Geo,
I was thinking/praying about you.
wondering how your first service was going.
I'm glad to hear the good report.

j.

Sammy said...

I prayed for CCC several times during our worship yesterday morning, but . . . 194 people?! I am potent. I should bottle myself.

:)

In all seriousness, I couldn't be prouder of the Saylors and amazed @ what God can do in a short time w/ a committed group of people (and a shaggy preacher).

Mrs. Breum said...

Almost 200 people- God is good!

Loved reading the update!