Thursday, May 17, 2007

A very special day

So last week my friend Pieter, pastor of First Christian Reformed Church here in London, asks me if I want to say a prayer at the London Christian Pray Breakfast. Specifically a prayer for new Canadians and new churches. I say sure, it can't hurt and may even help. Now while I was happy to do it, I must admit, I thought it would be a kind of lame- a throw back to a bygone era, a bunch of pastors, runny eggs and soggy pancakes.
Let me be the first to admit I had it wrong.
Not only were there about 500 people and a really great program, I walk in and I'm seated at the head table. So I sit between the main speaker, who turns out to be the second largest share holder in the New York Stock Exchange, Tom Caldwell, and the mayor of London, Anne Marie DiCicco-Best.
Suffice to say I gave out a lot of business cards this morning.
I walked out and just had to laugh and give God the glory. Not a bad morning for a guy trying to make connections and make a name for the church in a new city.

But as great as breakfast was, I had an even better lunch. Just myself and Robin, my wife of 10 years today. Have I mentioned before that I have the most amazing, wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, creative and fun wife a husband could ever ask for? The most amazing mother who home schools our three children? One of the most remarkable, Godly, Christ-like women I've ever known? In case I haven't, she is all of this and more. I stand in awe of the 10 years God has given us together, and look forward to a lifetime together.
While it was a very special day in many ways, the most special part was spending it with Robin.