Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Salmon and the Summit

Two totally unrelated things to report.

First, after a night kneeling at the porcelain altar due to some bad salmon several years ago, I recently got back into salmon again.
I should have remember my proverbs, namely, "As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly."
I should have stayed off the pink stuff. I was barfing until 5am last night. I'm still not 100%, but did eat a small dinner tonight. I think I can really say I'm off of salmon forever now.

Second, I'm glad I'm keeping my food down now because the Summit starts tomorrow.
Once again we have a crew from Connections going. We'll be hearing from some amazing speakers and enjoying the experience together.
Which is really what it's all about for me.
I hate reading a great book and having no one to talk to about it.
I never even watch movies by myself- what the point?
And when I think about it, there really are very few things I like to do by myself.
(That's not to say I don't like time alone- just that there are few things I like to do alone.)

The best part about going to a conference as a group is that the ideas can be shared and implemented together. This way I don;t waste my time, and frustration, trying to tell everyone "I heard this great idea," and "We really need to think about doing this..."
We just experience the Summit together, then work through all the great stuff.

You can check out the Summit website if you want to find out more.

No comments: