Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I'm Going to Miss Connections"

Now before you think I'm leaving, this was said to me this past Sunday.
A family that has been with us since last fall is now facing a move this July.
They've been instrumental in helping with the worship service, family ministry and their Connections Group.

So after the service on Sunday Scott said something that struck me as one of the greatest things anyone could say. He said, "I'm gonna miss Connections."

He didn't say I'm gonna miss your preaching, miss you, miss worship, miss my brothers and sisters here. Thought I'm sure all those things are true.

When he said he's going to miss Connections it "clicked" for me in a new way- we aren't just a dream anymore, we aren't just a mission to London, we aren't just a little group of people gathering on Sundays.

We are a church.

That may not mean much to some, but that means everything to me. It means we belong to God. It means we are part of something that transcends space a time, place and race. It means we are part of the one eternal body of Christ. It means we can change lives and change the world.

It breaks my heart to see my friends leave, but it makes my heart soar to think, "We are a church!"

No comments: