Saturday, August 18, 2007

Northwest FunFest

It's been so long...sorry.
So much has been happening that I can invoke the proverbial "Where to start?"
  • We gave out 2000 balloons over the long weekend.
  • Our website has been launched.
  • We bought an obscenely awesome sound system.
  • We got a 28 foot trailer (but don't know where to put it yet).
  • We paid for renting the movie theater through the fall.
  • We've put in our application for charitable status.
  • We've added several new vital members to the launch team.

And today we had an awesome experience with the first annual Northwest London Funfest. Check it out...

Eden even helped paint faces!
I'd make this our connections band album cover, except I'm not in the band
Yeah, more balloons
Mark directing traffic like a pro, perhaps a future job for the new church?

Things are happening, folks are getting excited, and dare I say, lives are being changed. So this is exactly the time when I try to take a step back and check out health- if lives are not begin changed, if God is not in this and if people are not coming to know Jesus, all of our efforts are for naught.
But with that caution I fall back on this assurance- Jesus will build his church.
And if it doesn't sound too strange to say- it's all been so easy.
Work yes, but still easy. I worry about a few things, but all in all, I sleep pretty good at night. Each "mistake" simply becomes another lesson to learn.
Mot importantly, God continues to bring the right people at the right time. I keep thinking of Jesus assuring his followers,
"My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

When we know we are in God will and doing His work, there is a peace, a comfort, and an excitement that simply can't be matched. I still wake up nearly every morning feeling that I must be the most blessed man in the world to have this awesome opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giggles at Mark and his inappropriate footwear for the job. I'm glad he didn't get injured. I wouldn't know whether to fill out an accident report or an incident report.

Thanks so much for your effort helping us out at the FunFest. I chatted with Mark for a bit and community development was obviously a shared theme. It was great to have your group involved.

Mark mentioned he wants to be the moose next year. Who knew? :)


Kevin (NWLRC "Really Kewl Program Co-ordinator")