Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What I've Pondered...

I've decided to take my own advice (occasionally we preachers actually listen to what we say).
I went on a run this morning, and for the first time since Sunday I had the space to actually ponder what I really want for Christmas (beside the skis).
So I started to think and pray about hope, peace, love and joy. Here's what I came up with...

Hope. I hope God builds Connections Community Church.
I hope God will take us, make us, and where necessary, even break us.
I hope that our church brings God glory and delight.
I hope God grows us in size- big and small.
I hope our worship service attracts hundreds, then thousands, even tens of thousands. It happened in the bible, it happens today, and it can happen in London.
I hope we have the blessing of sharing the word and love of God to everybody in this city- I really do.
I also hope we grow smaller- connecting all who desire with Connections Groups that meet in homes to deepen relationships and learning.
I hope we quickly grow beyond a worship service, beyond home groups, and into a presence that takes this city by storm. A presence of justice, mercy and building the common good for all people.
I hope our church becomes a vessel for God's Spirit and real change in people's lives.
I have a lot of hopes for our church.

Peace. I pray for peace in the development of our church- a peace that pervades our relationships in leadership, in the congregation, and even stems into the city. I pray for a peace that guards our decisions and protects our vision. I pray for a peace that comes upon all who come in contact with our church- peace with God, peace with people, and peace with our world.

Love. I pray a spirit of love will characterize everything, everything, that Connections will say and do and be. Enough said.

Joy. I pray for joy in the lives of our people. Joy and laughter in our worship, in our Connections Groups, in our hearts. Joy is awesome. I pray Connections becomes a place of infectious joy!
So think about it, pray about it, and comment about it. What are your prayers for hope, peace, love and joy for your life, for our church, four our world?

No comments: