Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Three Powerful Words






I hope you enjoy the images from our second preview service. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Words can't adequately describe how awesome I thought the service was. Once again the team simply amazed me. We had a great turnout- a little fewer in the worship service, but a ton of kids this time! And a whole lot of new visitors. It was great to meet so many of you.

But for all the value that pictures provide, they actually can't do better than some words. In fact, no pictures can replace three very simple words that I'd like to say now...
We missed you.

For those that joined us for the first service, but did not make our second service, I'd like to tell you that we missed you.
We are not a very large church (just yet) and we really did miss you. We missed your voices singing, we missed your conversation in the hallway, we missed what we believe you have to offer Connections- your presence, your prayers, your connection to our community.

In my experience I've found those to be three of the most powerful words- to know that your presence was noticed, but more, missed. And if we are a church built on connections, then we will truly miss you. We want to connect with you and help you get connected. We don't want a big back-door, we want to get people involved.

So I hope somebody calls you and tells you we missed you. I hope you missed being with us. I hope and pray we will see you on the 14th for worship, or better yet, at my house for a Connecting Point or one of our other home groups. All these can be found on the website calendar. So check it out, call , write, and join us, because we missed you. Really.

No comments: